PBT Plastic Injection Molding: Properties & Applications
A polyester resin, thermoplastic polybutylene terephthalate (PBT) offers good electrical, mechanical and thermal properties with excellent chemical resistance to a variety of chemicals including aliphatic hydrocarbons, oil, grease, dilute acids and bases, and detergents.
Properties of PBT:
- Excellent dielectric strength
- Superior electrical properties
- Chemical resistance
- Resistance to solvents, grease, oil, chemicals and solvents
- Flame retardance
- High heat resistance
Valued for their insulation properties, resistance to impact and strength at high temperatures, polybutylene terephthalate parts molded by Texas Injection Molding serve a variety of applications in several industries.
- Electrical/electronics connectors
- Switches and controls
- Medical applications such as clamps
- Outdoor telecommunication enclosures
- Industrial parts
Glass reinforced grades are available.
If we can be of assistance call 281 489-4292 or use our Contact Form.