Polyethylene Terephthalate (PETE)
Don’t be put off by the long, imposing, scientific name. Almost everyone in the world knows polyethylene terephthalate (PETE).
PETE is the most commonly used thermoplastic polymer in the world and is better known by the trade name “polyester.” PETE was created in the 1940s by DuPont chemists looking to develop polymer materials for use as textile fibers.
PETE is still very strong for its lightweight. This requires less material to be used to make products. PETE also is a strong, naturally transparent, and semi-crystalline material that resists water and other elements.
- Highly resistant to water and food
- Chemical resistant
- Superior tensile strength
- Shatterproof – will not break or fracture
- Naturally transparent
- Completely recyclable – the most recycled plastic in the world
PETE is used to make thousands of products that millions of people touch every day. Some common applications are:
- Food packaging
- Consumer packaging
- Consumer products
- Food service equipment
- Medical instruments
- Pharmaceutical products
- Beverage, food and other liquid containers
Selecting the right material
Every product application has unique requirements that need to be considered. Let our application engineers help in selecting the right grade or compound of PETE for your application.
A Strategy that Delivers Service
Texas Injection Molding follows a simple strategy founded on People, Process and Technology. Our strategy in supported by a culture of respect and genuine concern for others and is the “secret sauce” that makes us different.
- Our team of plastic engineering professionals support customer applications with decades of industry experience
- Our tooling and technical application team provide solutions to product revisions and advancements in automation and assembly.
- We partner with the world’s leading resin manufacturers and custom compounders to deliver deep technical resources in the areas of custom resin applications and testing.
- Manufacturing operations are certified to ISO 9001:2015 standards
- Manufacturing processes for every part are optimized and qualified to repeatable standards prior to releasing to production.
- Molding machines and tooling are calibrated and managed to established MRO standards
- Materials are certified and lot tracked by barcode
- Every machine and key processing parameter is measured, reported and recorded in real time.
- We provide and maintain modern production technology and tools for our processing technicians to work efficiently.
- Our systems provide real time access to inventory, scheduling, machine utilization and many other factors to help us meet our client requirements.
- Broad press range to accommodate 55 to over 825 tons
- Automation inside and outside the tool, printing, sonic welding, assembly and custom packaging.