Molding ABS Plastic
ABS, also known as acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene, is a common engineering thermoplastic that has good impact strength and toughness along with mechanical and electrical properties that make it ideal for a variety of plastic injection molding applications. Texas Injection Molding offers ABS injection molding for a wide range of applications and industries in the Houston, San Antonio, and Austin areas.
Industrial Product Applications:
Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) injection molding is commonly used in mechanical and electrical applications because it can withstand high temperatures and high impact situations. Its properties make it a helpful plastic in many industries.
- Medical devices
- Electrical and electronics
- Business machine and computer housings
- Industrial parts
ABS Injection Molding Services:
- Standard ABS plastic injection molding
- Thin- and thick-walled parts
- Structural foam molding
Properties of ABS:
- Tough, versatile, cost-effective engineering thermoplastic
- Good impact strength
- Good rigidity
- Good surface appearance
- FDA and U.L. grades available
- Ultraviolet light sensitive; requires stabilizers for weatherability
If we can be of assistance with your ABS injection molding project call us at 281 489-4292 or use our Contact Form.