Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) is one of the oldest and most common plastic materials in the world, used to make thousands of products that touch the lives of millions of people each and every day.
PVC was first synthesized in 1872 and commercially produced by B.F. Goodrich Company in the 1920s. By comparison, many other plastics didn’t become commercially viable until the 1940s and 1950s.
A colorless polymer of vinyl chloride, PVC has numerous properties and characteristics that make it ideal for your exacting injection molding needs:
- Resistant to weathering, chemical corrosion, UV light, shock, and abrasion
- Extremely strong
- Flame retardant
- Good electrical properties
- Easy to process
- Easily colored
- Can be flexible or rigid
Supplying the product you need
As a lightweight, low-cost, long-lasting thermoplastic polymer, PVC has replaced metal pipe in many applications. PVC injection molding is used for thousands of other products across the world:
- Siding and other building products
- Floor covering
- Medical devices
- Consumer packaging
- Household products
- Traffic and road construction products
- Decorative displays
Selecting the right material
PVC can be formulated to be flexible to rigid and achieve specific characteristics to match your application requirements. Let our application engineers help in selecting the right grade or compound of PVC for your application.
A Strategy that Delivers Service
Texas Injection Molding follows a simple strategy founded on People, Process and Technology. Our strategy in encompassed by a culture of respect and genuine concern for others and is the “secret sauce” that makes us different.
- Our team of plastic engineering professionals support customer applications with decades of industry experience
- Our tooling and technical application team provide solutions to product revisions and advancements in automation and assembly.
- We partner with the world’s leading resin manufacturers and custom compounders to deliver deep technical resources in the areas of custom resin applications and testing.
- Manufacturing operations are certified to ISO 9001:2015 standards
- Manufacturing processes for every part are optimized and qualified to repeatable standards prior to releasing to production.
- Molding machines and tooling are calibrated and managed to established MRO standards
- Materials certified and lot tracked by barcode
- Every machine and key processing parameter is measured, reported and recorded in real time.
- We provide and maintain modern production technology and tools for our processing technicians to work efficiently.
- Our systems provide real time access to inventory, scheduling, machine utilization and many other factors to help us meet our client requirements.
- Broad press range to accommodate 55 to over 800 tons
- Automation inside and outside the tool, printing, sonic welding, assembly and custom packaging.